Gioia is an authentic modern Italian cook. She learned from her uncle Barone Sebastian Bonmartini Fini who created delicious meals beautifully paired with Barone Fini wines. Today, as a busy mother of three, Gioia’s modern take on Italian cooking focuses on seasonal ingredients. She entertains often and loves hosting holiday gatherings for family and friends. She is excited to share her favorite recipes to pair with Barone Fini wines — because a meal with a lovely glass of wine, is always an opportunity to enjoy time together.
Mushroom and Brie “Bites” Appetizer
- 2 plain Naan flatbreads
- 1 large shallot fine chop
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Large pinch black pepper
- Small pinch red pepper flakes
- 5 oz pack of cleaned, sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tsp Barone Fini Pinot Grigio
- 6 oz Brie
- Pinch Kosher salt
- 1 tsp grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Truffle oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Place butter, olive oil, and black pepper in skillet and heat to medium high.
3. Once butter is foaming and pepper fragrant, add chopped shallot. Cook until soft and glassy. Add mushrooms and Barone Fini Pinot Grigio. Cook mushroom mixture until fragrant (about 3 minutes). Remove from heat (if making ahead, allow to come to room temperature, then refrigerate in sealed container until ready to put together).
4. To toast Naan (about 3-4 minutes): pre-heat a skillet to medium high. Heat naan in skillet, flipping over until lightly browned. Remove naan from pan – place on cookie sheet.
5. Slice brie, place on naan, top with cooked mushroom mixture, sprinkle lightly with kosher salt, then sprinkle with grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
6. Cook in oven on bottom rack for 10 minutes until underside of naan is brown and has stiffened. Allow naan to cool on pan, sprinkle with chopped parsley, drizzle with truffle oil, and cut into 1 inch pieces. Best served warm.